Cronulla Shark Island 2.3 km Swim
& Cronulla Beach 1 km Swim
Sunday 28th April 2013
Postal entries must be received by Wednesday 24th April 2013
|2.3km Shark Island Swim
|1.0km Beach Swim
LATE ENTRIES :
All entries received after 12.00 noon on Sat 26th April 2013 are late entries.
NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER 9.30AM ON RACE DAY.
AGE DIVISION :
Minimum age is 10 years old.
All competitors in both events (male/female) will be able to download a certificate with time and place.
Results can also be found on this website www.sharkislandswim.com.au on the afternoon of the event.
CRONULLA BEACH 1Km SWIM 9.30am 2 WAVES – UNDER 40YRS / OVER 40YRS
CRONULLA SHARK ISLAND 2.3 km SWIM 10.30am 4 WAVES - ALL DIVISIONS
Between flags on Cronulla Beach. The flags will be about 10 metres up the beach from the waters edge.
There will be inflatable rescue boats, jet skis and board paddlers patrolling the course. Each swimmer is responsible for his or her own physical condition and enters this event at their own personal risk. Any swimmer who is still in the water after 90 minutes will be asked to default and will be transported to shore.
A swimmer deemed incapable of completing the course may be brought to shore at any time at the absolute discretion of the Water Safety Manager.
Abbey Digital are again the Official Photographers for this year’s Shark Island Swim – you can expect to see them at the wave starts and as you finish.
Photo’s will be available later in the day on their website www.abbeydigital.com.au , with prices from as little as $8.00
A percentage of all photo sales goes back to support the Cronulla Surf Club.
The Cronulla Beach Swim and The Shark Island Swim will be timed by an electronic tag system involving the use of an electronic tag system attached to an ankle band and detection mats at the finish line.
TIMING BANDS :
Your responsibilities as a competitor include:
1. When you register for your swim on the Sunday morning you will be issued with your timing band and a swim cap.
There will be a different timing band and swim cap for each of the swim events.
2. You must wear the timing band on your left ankle and swim cap on your head at all times while swimming.
You must leave them on until you finish the entire swim course.
The timing band is a means of recording your finish time across the special timing mats located at the end of the swim, on the beach.
3. At the completion of the swim you will be required to remove the timing band and hand it to officials prior to leaving the secured Finish Area.
4. As you have acknowledged on your entry contract, the timing band is on loan and you are committed to returning the timing band
intact with the tag to the Cronulla SLSC or pay a $55.00 fee.
5. It is imperative that you return the timing band to a Finish Area official should you withdraw from the race at any time.
It is essential for us to know where you are on the course at all times, for your safety and our ability to post accurate official results after the events.
6. Should you lose your timing band during any leg of the swim, you should alert an Official at the finish of the event.
Swimmers must wear only conventional swimming costumes made from lycra and/or polyester. Costumes must contain no neoprene or any other ‘high tech’ material or substance or any material with any flotation support. Male swimmers must wear only briefs with no arms, legs or any part of the costume covering their body above the waist. Female swimmers must wear either one or two piece costumes with no arms or legs.
Major awards will be presented at the conclusion of the race.
The Race Convenor - Glenn Carter on 0417 484 231